Tuesday, December 19, 2006

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Ok, consider this the official Christmas rambling entry.

Here goes.

I realized this year that I'm fine with the standard form letter that comes in Christmas cards. I was never a big fan. But this year, I realized, you know what, they come from people that are my friends. If not, why are they on the card list in the first place? So, if I don't talk to them that often, isn't it good to catch up with them -- even if it's through a letter that me and God knows how many other people are getting?

Speaking of Christmas cards, I think it's funny -- very funny -- when you get a card from a couple and one person (usually the woman) writes out the greeting and then signs her name, followed by the guy just signing his name. It just looks funny. At least to me.

Gift baskets. Gift baskets. Gift baskets. The office is loading up on gifts from vendors. The early favorites? Ginger lemon cookies, some cheesey sourdough things, peanuts that don't really taste like peanuts (yet we like them) and, of course, chocolate. Lots of chocolate.

I just realized this morning that I haven't heard the Hanukkah song once this year.

My son has a new job at home -- plugging in the Christmas tree each morning. Not sure which is brighter...the lights on the tree or the magic in his eyes.

I'm all for charity. I really am. But how annoying is that Salvation Army bell?

In other office gift news. I've had someone plant a tree in my name, as well as someone donating a bike in my name.

That's nice and all. But, don't these people know that there are other things I need.

What else? I got nothin.

2 comments:

Stormy said...

At least no one made a donation in your name to the Human Fund.

If you miss Hanukkah music, check out the Hanukkah channel on XM. (Did you know you get XM on your DirecTV??)

I'm hoping to have my Christmas cards done & mailed out early next week. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree about the Christmas cards... I mean come on... everyone KNOWS that the husband is NOT writing the cards out...NO need for him to personally sign his name. That is just SILLY!