Wednesday, January 10, 2007

From the Mouths of Babes...

My son turns three in May.

He's never met one of his grandfathers as my Dad passed away seven years ago this month.

But, every week at church, we light a candle for Papa O. That was my son's idea.

And, each night before bed, while doing prayers, we always ask God to bless Papa O, who my son says "is up in heaven."

So, tonight, it was a boys' night. My wife is out at book club. So, after dinner (at McDonald's, of course), we headed home to play Thomas the Tank Engine.

After bath and getting dressed, he got in the crib. I read a few books and then it was time for prayers.

"Where's Papa O?" I asked.

"In heaven, daddy."

"That's right, buddy."

"Where is heaven, daddy?"

"Way up high in the sky."

"Papa O house up there?"

"Yes. That's where he is. Looking down at us."

"I go there?"

"Someday, yes, you will go there and meet Papa O."

"Toys in heaven, daddy?"

"Lots of things in heaven, buddy."

"Sounds good, daddy."

It sure does, buddy. It sure does.

What else? I got nothin'.

5 comments:

Stormy said...

Hey man, your blog isn't supposed to make us cry!

It's very dusty in here this morning...

Anonymous said...

What the heck? You made me cry!

Molly said...

Eyes...watering. Heart...melting.

Anonymous said...

Im not much of a crier but so cute...

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid, I went to church and called Father McGuire, Father O'God.

Out of the mouths of babes!!!!