Thursday, November 30, 2006

Where Do You Sleep?

Faithful readers, a question for you. Actually, a question for those of you who are in fact sharing a bed with a partner.

Where do you sleep?

No smart remarks like, "in a bed."

The thing is this. Stand at the foot of the bed.

Using that perspective, I'm guessing 90 percent of the guys sleep on the right half of the bed and that women are sleeping on the left side.

First of all, am I right?

Secondly, what's the deal? Is this weird?

Or is it just me?

Wait. Don't answer that.

So, let's hear it.

What else? I got nothin'.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've had this conversation before, but because you asked I will answer here.

I sleep on the left. Mike sleeps on the right. Just like you said. The reason? I think it's because he's closer to the door and if anyone tried to break in they'd get him first. Makes sense, right?

Also, when he lived at the fire station in college he had a lofted twin bed with a wooden railing on one side. I slept on the left then too because he would have to jump out of bed in the middle of the night to go on calls. I don't miss having my face pressed up against that railing, though.

Stormy said...

I'm on the right as well, away from the door. I need the nightstand for my late-night reading.

Anonymous said...

I sleep on the left and my husband sleeps on the right... however my left is the closest to the door- hmmm wonder what that means? haha
although I am usually the first one that hops up when I hear the cats doing something that they shouldn't be- which is almost always!

Anonymous said...

Okay, what does my scenario mean then?

I'm on the right at our current address.
At our last house, I was on the left.

Not sure why in either case, but I do know I HAD to have those sides. There was no negotiating.

Anonymous said...

I'm BI - I'm on the Right AND the Left.