Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Mustard on Meatloaf?

Ok, so here's the thing.

It's hard to find something that tastes better than a hamburger right off the grill. Add some perfectly melted cheese and the only thing that makes that burger taste better (besides a cold beer) is the perfect amount of mustard.

That's right. I put mustard on my cheeseburgers. No ketchup. Just mustard. And, you know what? I love it. Nothing tastes better to me.

But, here's the thing....when I have meatloaf, which is one of my all-time favorite dinners, what do you think I put on it? Mustard?

Nope. Guess again.

Yup, I put ketchup on meatloaf. Can't really tell you why. I just do. I know, meatloaf is just a hamburger in a different shape. But, there is something that just won't let me do it. Ketchup doesn't go on cheeseburgers, but it goes on meatloaf with melted cheese.

No idea why I do this or why I can't change. I just know that's what I do. The only time ketchup will make it on my burger is if I'm mixing it with mayo to make secret sauce.

So, yeah, that's me. Weird, eh?

No comments: