Thursday, September 21, 2006

What's On the Tube?

Loyal readers (both of you), I'm sure you've been wondering, "Where's Mike?"

If you must know, I've been in front of the TV. It's that time of year -- new shows aplenty, so with the help of TiVo (the greatest invention ever), I've been checking out what the networks are bringing to the table.

Some shows are still rolling out this week, so I'll reserve total judgment, but, so far, I gotta tell you, I love what I see.

Let's go category by category:

Reality

The best reality show on TV is The Amazing Race -- now in it's 10th season. They are promising some twists and turns, but it sure looks like they nailed the teams on this one.

Dancing with the Stars. Yup, I watch it. In fact, I love it. The only necessary change -- rid poor Tom Bergeron of Samantha Harris. She's awful. This year? Go Emmitt!

Survivor. The king of them all is playing the race card -- separating tribes at first by race. So far, so good. It's working for me.

The Biggest Loser. Didn't plan to watch this last night, but I got sucked in (no pun intended) for a bit. It wasn't bad. Won't go on TiVo as a season pass, but it was still pretty good.

Comedy

I'm not a big comedy guy. It's hard to impress me. I was a huge Friends fan, however, which is probably why I LOVED the first episode of The Class. Hilarious. I also watch How I Met Your Mother. No, I don't watch Earl or the Office. I guess I'll put The OC in the comedy category. Not really sure what else to call it!

Drama

This is my realm. So many shows. So many good shows. I'll probably forget some, too. Returning shows first.

It's new to me, but I've started watching Nip/Tuck. Pretty dark, but very entertaining. I'll also start watching Las Vegas and Crossing Jordan. Just good entertainment. Don't have to think very much watching those.

Desperate Housewives is back. I'm feeling it. And you know LOST is going to be fabulous.

New shows: Justice is getting a little better on FOX. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip had an OK first episode, but you know it'll be good. I'm looking forward to giving Six Degrees and Brothers and Sisters a try, too.

So...yeah, it's a busy TV season. Thank goodness for TiVo. But, if I'm not here, now you know where to find me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree...most of the new shows are great.. I have watched Nip/Tuck from the very beginning and last season was the very best with the Carver. Dr. Troy is just the hottest thing!

I can't wait for Grey's Anatomy tonight... love McDreamy.. and last night's Biggest Loser is also one of my faves. It is such a motivator.

How I met your mother is just hilarious... Barney makes that show great! I missed the Class so I will have to Tivo that one too..

Anonymous said...

What would I do without TIVO...?

I had stopped admitting to people that we STILL watch Survivor...so glad for some solidarity here!
It was a long summer without Jeff and crew. In my next life I'm going to be a Survivor Challenge Designer.

So with you on the dramas, and so glad to have an Aaron Sorkin show on the air, I'd watch Studio 60 even if it was about the office politics of a crack den.

Bree (Marcia Cross) is preggo in real life, should make for some interesting plot twists for the Housewives. Little known fact of little importance: the mother of Gabrielle's gardener boy toy cuts my hair.


I tried out Kidnapped, too--intense, and hard to see how they'll get a season out of it, but I'll watch again.

Do you think it is detrimental to a 14-week-old baby to be exposed to all this TV? Nah...