Friday, September 15, 2006

Two Big Boys

The two men of the house are on their own this weekend. That's me and my two-year-old son.

His Mom is visiting her sister in Florida -- marking the first time in more than two years she's been away from our son for an overnight. Therefore, it's also the first time he and I have been alone together overnight. It'll actually be two overnights. She comes back Sunday.

So, with the woman of the house away, the men of the house are ready to have a boys' weekend.

Tonight, we went to McDonald's for dinner. That was a great way to start. We were going to go to a football game, but the rain put a damper on that.

My wife is getting a much-deserved vacation -- even for two nights. She's nervous about being away from him for the first time. But, it's gotta happen at some point. I'm getting some much-appreciated one-on-one time with my son, too.

Mom is the one who spends the most time with him, so this will be a good weekend for us. And, the first phase accomplished with no trouble. We got dinner, a bath and down to bed without incident. And I've even already cleaned up toys that were lying around and did some dishes.

Not sure what the rest of the weekend is going to bring. Like real men, we're going to wing it. No plans in this house! Just men -- or as my son says, 'two big boys.'

No comments: