Monday, July 16, 2007

Crazy Eights

Well, this blogging thing has been pretty crazy for me lately. First, I was a guest blogger for Molly while she was on vacation (in Vegas).

Now, I've been tagged. And, in the process of tagging me, Anna has described me as big time.

Can the bar be set any higher than that? I'm thinking not.

Apparently this act of being tagged or tagging is something about a meme. Beats me. I may be big time, but I don't understand all of this blogging terminology all the time. All I know is that it's called Crazy Eights, and I'm supposed to tell you eight things about me.

I have to post these rules before I give up the goods. Each player starts with eight random facts or habits about themselves. People who are tagged are now obliged to write an entry telling us eight things about themselves and post these rules. At the end of your blog entry, tag eight new, unsuspecting bloggers and list their names. (Oh, and leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged JUST IN CASE they missed that day on your blog.)

1. I'm in a movie. A real movie, actually. It's called Heavy. Good chance you haven't seen it. But it does exist! It stars Shelley Winters, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Liv Tyler and Debbie Harry. I was working in New York at the time, for the The Culinary Institute of America. The movie was being filmed in New York and the director wanted Vince's character, an aspiring chef, to come on a tour of the CIA. I was one of two people working with the film crew on everything. When it came time for the scene, they needed a tour guide. That would be me. So, during the movie, if you can find it somewhere, you'll see me briefly on screen, but you'll hear my voice for about two minutes. This is all midway through the film. And, maybe you haven't seen Heavy, but you have seen more from the director. Check out what else he's done. And to think it all started with me!

2. I once rode around in a limo all day with Bob Denver. You know, Gilligan. I'd tell you the story, but when I offered before, nobody cared.

3. I love live music. Love going to concerts. My first concert was Kiss. I was 10, if you can believe it. The last concert I saw was Cheap Trick. You'll see my taste in music varies wildly as I list for you other bands/artists I've seen live: U2, Bon Jovi, Eagles, Poison, Cinderella, Warrant, Ratt, Winger, Tiffany, Cheap Trick, Robert Plant, Bob Seger, Whitesnake, The Alarm, REM, Tom Petty, Brian Setzer, Eddie Money, Pat Benatar, Kansas, Matchbox Twenty, Sugar Ray, 38 Special, Van Halen, Scorpions, Metallica, Dokken, Michael Buble, Whitney Houston, Kenny G, Five for Fighting, Goo Goo Dolls, The Bangles, Peter, Paul and Mary, Aerosmith, Richard Marx, Allman Brothers, Dennis DeYoung, Mike & the Mechanics, The Outfield, The Hooters, Barenaked Ladies, Billy Joel, Elton John, Celine Dion, The Corrs, Firehouse, Def Leppard, Gavin DeGraw, George Winston, Heart, Huey Lewis & the News, Indigo Girls, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Jewel, Journey, Kristin Chenoweth, Motley Crue, Sugarland and Train.

4. I'm addicted to fantasy baseball. I play in two leagues (down from three). I've been playing for almost 20 years.

5. I might have the worst skin ever. Very sensitive. Very dry. Hate shaving -- but will never grow a beard.

6. I don't read as many books as I should -- or would like. Usually, I read in streaks. If I manage to pick something up, I buzz through it and then want another one right away. But, right now, as I write this, I can't tell you the last book I read.

7. If I was a celebrity and was chosen to be on Dancing with the Stars, I'd want Cheryl or Edyta as my partner.

8. I was one of the last people (Matt, who is tagged below, is the other) to play on my all-time favorite mini golf course before it was sold at auction. I have such good memories from there, that I bought things from the place at auction -- including part of the 18th hole, which was a clown's face where you could get strokes taken off your score depending on whether you put the ball in the clown's nose, mouth or eyes. It sits in a basement now, and it's something that I'll never be able to get rid of.

Ok, so now you know a bit more about me. Still like me?

I'm going to break the rules a bit. I'm not going to tag eight people. Truthfully, I may be big time, but I don't have eight good people to tag. Besides, Anna took two of my would-be taggers. So, I'm giving you what I've got.

First, I tag Matt. He has no problem making lists about movies or songs, so giving up eight things about himself shouldn't be hard. Besides, he hasn't posted in a while and he needs to keep it going.

Next up is John, a dear friend from college with a unique perspective on life. You'll see what I'm talking about when you learn more about him.

Hallie's next. She's new to the blogging world. I find her incredibly funny, and she's a great friend. She's a single mom raising three kids, so I'm not sure when she'll get to this, but I have faith.

I'm going to do half the job -- literally. I'm tagging four. And, the fourth is someone I met in person only one time. She has, however, one of the coolest names. Her name is Nova, and her blog is here. Nova is a great friend of Christine, whom I would have tagged if Anna didn't already do it. So, Nova, you're the one I'm going out on a limb to tag. Hope you don't mind!

Ok. What else? I got nothin'.

8 comments:

John said...

I think it's funny that Mike put me at.....insert eeevil laugh.....

Number 2.

"Isn't it Ironic - don't you think."

Mike - I'm honored. I'm in the process of putting out...I mean putting mine out there....still typing but (blasted) work is getting in the way of typing.

Hallie said...

Okay mike, i have been tagged and i have completed my task! Phew that was harder than i thought it would be! Peace out!

Anonymous said...

I have seen Heavy (I went through an indie-flick phase, what?), but I feel like I need to go and watch it again to see you.

I did my 8 things too, don't let it be said that I am not a reliable person.

Stormy said...

Ugh, this again? I'll list eight things, but I'm not tagging anyone else. I did that last time & no one responded. Eff them.

John said...

Hey Mike -

I've REVERSE TAGGED YOU! There's a definition to it, but hey, I promise you, going to it is worth the click.

I've put out that Christmas picture!

Bwaahahahahaahaha

John said...

Mike - let ' me ' know he still hasnt done his due diligence yet and you need to crack the whip.

So bring the whip you have at home in your "secret closet" and crack it! Chop Chop.

Molly - you need to get mike to write some more this week.

beta mom said...

Okay, I know it's after the fact, but I want to hear about Bob Denver and your eight hour tour...
your eight hour tour.

Fritz said...

Mike!! i want to hear about gilligan too! i certainly wasnt there to not be interested the first time!