Monday, July 30, 2007

It's Monday...and I'm Rambling

So, you have spoken. Dylan is your favorite 90210 character. Can't really say as though I blame you. Figured it would be between Dylan and Kelly -- but since more women read this than men, I understand the results. And I'm ok with that.

I held off on the favorite Melrose Place character poll. That'll come though. And soon. I just didn't want to do them back to back. Although, speaking of back to back, when they were on FOX one after the other, I'm not sure I've ever been happier in front of the TV.

It's hot. Not just hot. Humid. I hate humidity. It does such things to my hair. Sorry, just was trying to relate to the readership! :)

So we've been thinking about changing the name of my son to Sybil. He's like the weather in Vermont. Don't like it? That's ok, it'll change in two minutes. I don't mean this to be cruel at all, but the fact is, we're having difficulty with two things -- poops and sharing.

He will only poop on the toilet at my mother-in-law's -- no matter what we try to bribe him with. It's hard to "don't worry about it, just let it run its course." We know he can do it. He knows he can do it. But I guess it's just a control thing.

The other thing is sharing. One minute he's threatening to "hide all my toys" and the next minute he's offering his juice around to anyone and everyone. Again, he gets it, but he's just not into this sharing thing completely.

I know we'll get there, but it can be extremely frustrating and it tries your (well, mine) patience (as well as Renee's) incredibly so. But, we're hanging in there. These, I guess, are the trying threes. Perhaps our punishment since we never dealt with the terrible twos.

Erin, who is filling out like a little linebacker, has smiled -- but not for me. Mom, Aunt Steph and Aidan have seen it. But not daddy -- at least not yet.

Some of my favorite Aidanisms over the last couple of days:

His 8-year-old cousin Collin is visiting. They were getting changed to go in the pool. Both naked at the time and Aidan says, "Why is his penis bigger than mine?"

And, staying with that same theme, I was going the bathroom and the door was open. Aidan was down the hall. He heard me going (um, I was standing, not grunting....) and came running down to, um, watch?

"Where's the potty coming from, daddy?"

"My penis, Aidan, just like when you go."

Turning his head for a better look, he says, "That's a big one, daddy."

You know, these sharing issues don't seem so bad after all!

What else? I got nothin'.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the sharing is a very very good thing! ahah He is too much.. I love these stories.

John said...

Mike i have a picture of that one time when we were at the urinal at the same time.

I could "whip that out for you" if you'd like.

kwarterlifecrisis said...

That is funny. Also the sharing thing reminds me a poem by Shel Silverstein. It's called Prayer of the Selfish Child -

"Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
And if I die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my toys to break
so none of the other kids can use 'em." :)

Anonymous said...

That Shel Silverstein poem is a riot, I had forgotten about it.

And so are your sharing stories. I don't think Will has made any statements about size yet, but let me tell you how how hard I laughed when I realized what Henry found in the bath the other day. He was just sitting there, smiling from ear to ear, with his hand in his lap. (And Henry is ONE, in case any of your comment readers are wondering!)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, I guess boys will ALWAYS be boys.

beta mom said...

Wait till he figures it all out and the same time and starts sharing his poop!