Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Domino's Dilemma

Ok, first of all, let me say this.

Yes, we eat Domino's pizza. First of all, it is good. But, more importantly, it's pretty convenient. Heck, they even have online ordering. Haven't done that yet, but I'll be checking it out.

Now, to the issue at hand -- the tip.

A few months ago, Domino's started adding a $1.50 delivery charge on all orders.

(Now, OK, I can forgive them for dropping the 30 minutes or less or your pizza is free promotion, but this little move has only caused confusion.)

You can see the dilemma, right? What do you tip the driver? Do you tip the driver? I mean, who is getting the $1.50? Is the driver getting it or is the store getting it?

Being creatures of habit, we always order the same thing (medium sausage, medium mushroom and breadsticks with parmesan peppercorn sauce). The bill is $17.41.

What would you give the guy when he shows up?

You just can't give him $17.41...and assume he's getting the $1.50. Or can you?

You can't give him $18 and tell him thanks, because then if he's not getting the $1.50, you just tipped $.59. And that's not good.

You can't really give him a $20 bill and ask for a $1 back. That's just cheap. Isn't it?

So, you see my point, the only option is to give him the $20 bill. Now, the "tip" comes to $4.09.

Isn't that a little much for a pizza guy?

I mean, I'm all about the tip. I really am. I do what's right. And if I get better service, the tip goes up. But that's an entirely other blog.

Right now, I'm still trying to solve the Domino's dilemma.

What would you do?

What else? I got nothin'.

No comments: