Saturday, October 28, 2006

Rain, Rain Go Away

It's raining today. Pouring actually. Not to mention the 35 m.p.h. wind. These are not days you like when your basement can act up on you. Thankfully, the worst is behind us (I hope), and nothing bad has happened. Yet.

So, it's been a crazy week. I seem to be saying that a lot lately. Regardless, I owe you a few thoughts, so here they are -- in no particular order.


My birthday is coming. It's Wednesday. Forty is getting closer and closer. Ugh. Don't feel anywhere near it, though, so that's a good thing. Right?

The day before my birthday is Halloween. The boy wonder is 2 and a 1/2 this year. We are hoping this becomes his official trick-or-treating debut. He's even got the "trick or treat" part down for when people answer the door.

So what's the problem? Well, not sure if he'll be in a costume or not. We finally landed on Thomas the Tank Engine as the preferred costume. The problem is that once we actually got the costume, he's wanted nothing -- and I mean nothing -- to do with it. So, we'll see!

Chocolate chip pancakes for dinner tonight. Love breakfast for dinner. I'm just saying.

Why am I so excited that the Dancing with the Stars tour is coming nearby?

Are you watching Six Degrees? You should be.

Speaking of TV, I do love the Vegas. Well, Las Vegas. It's perfect mindless television. I also loved the old Vegas -- remember Dan Tanna? Yup, I do. I don't remember what I had for lunch yesterday, but I remember Dan Tanna.

November 7 is election day. And, no doubt about it. I do have an incredible decision to make. A decision that could affect me in so many ways going forward. That's what election day is about, right?

The decision I'm facing -- do I buy both 90210 and Melrose on DVD when they come out that day? Now that would make for an interesting debate.

What else? I got nothin'.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have lunch plans on Wednesday? Don't make any.

Stormy said...

Oooo, a lunch date!

Hopefully the Pats lose for your birthday present.

Stormy said...

So, I'm waiting for the Amazing Race to come on & flipping the channels. Over on INHD, I'm greeted by your voice on a show called Discovery America.

I thought I saw you on TV earlier, but it was Jared, not you.

Anonymous said...

Such a tough call.
90210?
You get to watch them grow up and change hairstyles in fast forward.

Melrose Place?
You get to watch them switch partners in fast forward. Plus, you can watch crazy Kimberly and realize what good training it was for crazy Bree on Desparate Housewives.

Either way, I think I need a viewing. I'd probably go with Melrose Place first, maybe because I so fondly recall hosting Melrose Mondays in my first place out of college. Probably the only shows on TV now that equals it for that pure candy pleasure feeling is Las Vegas.

Good luck with the costume thing--Will has been hot and cold on his Curious George suit, we'll see how tomorrow goes at the Mystic parade! Henry has no choice but to be a peapod--life is tough when you can't even voice an opinion about what vegetable you have to dress up as!