Friday, August 10, 2007

Fifty and Fabulous...But I Want More...I Think!

OK. So, I'm fifty and fabulous.

No, I don't have an AARP card. Rather, yesterday was a highlight for me. How so? Let me explain.

Fifty of you came to read my blog yesterday!

Can I get a woo-hoo?! Excellent. Thank you.

Then, well, why am I depressed? Well, depressed is too strong a word.

I think I'm blog jealous.

Let me explain.

I started this for me. Really. But, since you started coming, I kind of like it. I want more of you to come and check things out. That's not such a bad thing, right?

My average viewers per day has climbed, believe it or not, all the way to 35 people a day! Can you stand it? I know, knock me down!

But, hey, 35 is more than 15.

But, 917 is also way more than 35. That's how many people came to read Molly the other day.

Now, don't get me wrong, Molly's good. Real good. I know. I hired her.

Still, that's a lot of people. But, she comments all over the place. And, the key, she's a she. And a young she. And those types of shes, it seems, are big bloggers. And I'm fine with that.

She has a defined audience. Which also helps.

Me? Scattered. Completely scattered.

One day I'm writing about my kids. One day about my brother. One day about music. One day about my flooded basement. One day about sports. I'm all over the place. And, just so you know, I will one day be writing about my day with Bob Denver! You can't escape it!

And, here's the thing, I can relate to the young twenty something bloggers, but are they going to relate to me on a regular basis? Not sure.

What about blogging daddies? Well, if there are some, I'm sure I can relate to that group, but will they relate to me on a regular basis? I don't know.

It's weird. I want to be read. I really do. But at the same time, I don't care about it. Does that make any sense at all?

I've always been one to have a very tight circle of friends. And I love that. Maybe that's what this is going to be for me, too. And that's OK. Because, after all, I did start this for me. Not for you.

And, even with my little circle of blog friends, it's been a cool way to learn more about them -- even learning more about those I talk to every day. But, this blogging thing has allowed us to share and learn more about each other than I could have imagined. And that's a cool thing.

So, while I, of course, would welcome more readers, I'm thrilled with what I have. I really am. I mean, here we are. I think for the moment that I'm just as happy going with quality over quantity.

What else? I got nothin'.

11 comments:

Clink said...

When I started, if I got five people a day, it was a good day. However, eventually my audience began to grow. Yours will too and it will feel great that so many people can relate to you.

If you build it, they will come. (Except, substitute "write" for "build.")

Anonymous said...

Talk more about your BUTT. That'll work.

Seriously, it's groovy and I'll keep checking it out... Your blog that is!

:-)


Chelle

Anonymous said...

You will find some good daddy bloggers out there (not that we ladies don't like having you as a reader!) and you will also find that they are as diverse in their topics as you are.

I think men in general are better at keeping themselves intact as a person, even when they are parents, and it shows in the daddy bloggers vs. the mommy bloggers.

I'll find a few for you, but try Mr. Nice Guy, Laid Off Dad, and Thingamababy for starters!

Anonymous said...

Like I told you today, you're growing. (Awww) It's only been recently that my readership really started to grow. You'll get there.

And as for the daddy bloggers, they're out there. And they don't write just about their kids. Your stuff? It's good. No worries!

Stormy said...

It must be nice to have readers. I suppose it helps to actually update your blog once in awhile.

Anonymous said...

Here's a 51st visitor for you, courtesy of Molly :) And hey, I like reading about kids and Bob Denver. Especially Bob Denver...

Anonymous said...

Just write. You're so good at it, word will definitely get out. Some of us blog just to have a place to say things. You have a talent. Just use it.

beta mom said...

Obsessing about your butt, name-dropping celebrities (albeit Bob Denver) and fretting about how many people like you...hmmm....

Are you sure you're NOT a 20 year-old woman?

LOL

and, yes, you are fabulous

Anonymous said...

you have a great style....don't ever change!

John said...

FYI -

I dated the daughter of the current CEO of AARP back in 1989.

She was hot.

I even spent a wknd with him/his wife/her.

Her name is Sarah.

Aaaaahhhhh the mamories.

Tess said...

Blogging daddies? They're out there. Look at this one, if you haven't already:

http://www.sweet-juniper.com/

Dutch is the dad, Wood is the mom, Juniper the adorable little raggamuffin. And Dutch posts very frequently.

Just a start, if you hadn't found your way there already.