Sunday, August 05, 2007

Lucky 13


There's nothing superstitious about the number 13 for me. Especially this year.

The above picture was taken 13 years ago -- August 6, 1994. The day I became the luckiest man in the world. Yeah, I said it. The world.

As I sit here and type this, I can't even fathom all that has gone on in those 13 years. All I know is I couldn't have made it on my own. And, fortunately, I didn't have to. Renee has been by my side. Each step of the way.

We've created life. We've endured death. We've started new jobs. We've built a house. We've moved from one state to another. From the happiest moment to the hardest, it's only been one way -- together.

Can't really ask for more than that.

My only hope today? That she believes I've lived up to my end of the deal as much as she's lived up to hers. I certainly have tried. But, I gotta tell you, she sets a mean example.

She has seen me at my best -- and at my worst. She has put up with so much -- and then some. And I'll never be able to express how appreciative I am.

She's an unbelievable teacher.

She's an amazing mother.

She's an incredible wife.

But, mostly, she's a fabulous friend.

Happy 13th Anniversary, Renee.

Love you. Mega.

What else? I got nothin'.

10 comments:

John said...

What....No Butt Shots?

Didn't you tell me you had a Butt Cam at your wedding?

How did your butt look at the wedding?

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww! Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! And LOVE the photo---happy anniversary!

Fritz said...

How very touching MOF!!! Congratulations!

Hallie said...

Congrads! you are awesome! happy anniversary!

John said...

Mike - you should share some funny comments about your reception:

1. You and Mrs FIJ doing body shots off eachother

2. You taking off your tux and underneath were a pair of short shorts and a tuxedo t-shirt

3. The striptease you did.

Ommmm - should I be saying these things?

beta mom said...

Forget the but - the hair - look at the hair!

Much love and many congrats to you and Renee - you guys rock!

But, then, that's what you do.

beta mom said...

Realizing now that butt has two "t"s in it...that's what I get for blogging before the morning coffee.

kwarterlifecrisis said...

Aww! Happy Anniversary! You are like the most perfect husband - at least from what I know reading your blog. I hope I marry someone who can still gush about me after 13 years of wedded bliss. :)

Clink said...

Happy Anniversary!

Sweetest. Post. Ever