Friday, August 24, 2007

One Reason Being a Parent is Cool

So we're reading stories tonight before bed. It was just Aidan and me.

Renee was at a friend's, and she took Erin with her.

Boys' Night like these usually start with a meal at McDonalds, which is always a treat.

So, we got back, did bath with no issues and then it was story time.

After Brown Bear, Brown Bear and a Thomas book, it was time for One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish -- which is my favorite book to read.

So we're going through it, having fun and we get to the part about having a Zans.

Now, usually, if Renee is reading the book, Aidan will say, "I don't have a Zans. I have a can opener."

Can't argue with that.

But, tonight, it was pure joy to hear him say the following:

"I don't have a Zans, Daddy."

"I know, bud."

"I have you and Mommy and Erin."

I mean, how cool is that?

What else? I got nothin'.

4 comments:

beta mom said...

awesome

Hallie said...

awww! I love it!

Anonymous said...

aaaaaaaawwwwwwwww. What's cuter than that? Photos of your kids! Coming soon!

Anonymous said...

Awwww heart melting!